
8 x 10"
Oil on canvas
(commissioned work)
I recently finished this commission for a portrait of Glen the dog. Glen was a 15 year-old collie cross, and a very handsome looking fellow judging by the photograph I was given to paint him from. He's sadly passed on now, and his owners must be missing him a great deal, but it sounds like he was well loved and had a great life. I hope this portrait brings them a smile as they remember their faithful friend.
I'll be starting work on the seascape commission next and it's likely to keep me busy for a wee while I think. I like to keep other smaller paintings and drawings on the go whenever I'm doing the bigger stuff however, so hopefully I'll still have little odds and ends to keep the blog topped up in the coming weeks.
I asked Kevin to do this portrait for my parents and was delighted to be able to hand it over to them at the weekend. They loved it! Mum thinks it's a great likeness of Glen, even down to the markings on his tongue. It brings out his character exceptionally well and now has pride of place in their living room. Thanks for doing such a great job Kevin!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome Susan. It was a pleasure to paint. Thanks for leaving a comment :-)
ReplyDelete