
8 x 8"
Oil on stretched canvas
Before anyone has the chance to point it out, I thought I should try and restore the gender balance a little bit in my portrait subjects. I haven't done many female portraits, so seeing as I'm still in the mood for painting some Star Wars characters, here's one of Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia.
I found myself having to work quite hard to capture the likeness in this one, but I think I got there in the end. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out, especially with the background colours and the cool phthalo green that I used as the painting's overall dominant colour. It's a pigment I haven't used much until now but I think it worked quite well in this painting.
November is shaping up to be a good month for me and I've lots more paintings in the pipeline, including some commissioned pieces I'm excited about starting. On the subject of commissions, I've added a page to the blog with some information on this (see link at the top of the page). If you're interested in getting in touch to discuss a commission, this will give you some details, and you can use the contact form to get in touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment