
10 x 12"
Oil on stretched canvas
(commissioned work)
I didn't expect a return to Clint Eastwood so soon after my painting of him last month, but I was pleased to have recently received a commission to do another portrait of this big screen legend. As with my last painting, this one is based on Clint as the character Manco from the second film in the Dollars trilogy, For A Few Dollars More. I know I've said it before, but I really couldn’t get tired of painting this man. If anything if becomes more enjoyable each time. Perhaps it's because I feel I get to know a character a bit more with each painting. It's sort of like exploring a landscape I suppose. At any rate, I was very pleased with how this one turned out and hope to be able to paint him again sometime in the near future.
Incidentally, I’m always keen to hear from anyone who would be interested in commissioning artwork for themselves. Most of the commissions I’ve done to date have been of film characters, but I’m equally happy to paint other persons or subjects should you have something or someone else in mind – it could be a sports personality, friend, family member or even just yourself. And I paint pet portraits as well. You’ll find a bit more information on my commissions page, and of course the first thing to do is just email me and we can have an initial chat about what you have in mind.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Hi Kevin,
ReplyDeleteYour paintings are looking great. Thanks for the visit.
Cheers Karen. Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDelete