10 x 7 inches
Watercolour on paper
Mikey was the handsome little tabby who shared his two years of life with us before moving on. That was about six years ago now, but we'll always remember him - especially his lovely white paws and bib. We don't really know what happened to him - a tale sadly familiar to so many cat owners I suppose. He went out one night and never returned. I like to think of him still being out there somewhere, chasing down mice for his new owners. He was always a great hunter. He and his brother, Eddie, used to bring home frogs from the canal where we used to live, so we used to nickname them 'The Frog Brothers' (no vampires in this story though...) The song, 'He Was A Friend Of Mine' always makes me think of Mikey because we heard the Willie Nelson version a lot in the days after he went missing.
I based this watercolour sketch on a photo of Mikey when he was a kitten, taken during one of his rare moments of inertia.

No comments:
Post a Comment