Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"The Laughing Pirate" - concept sketch


"Avast, me hearties!"

Here's a little bit of sketching fun I've had on the go recently. It's an idea that I'm hoping to develop into a finished painting eventually. It started life as a biro doodle a notepad, and I usually keep those little doodles in a folder and dig them out again months later when I'm looking for something as the basis for a new painting. I developed the doodle with some more rough pencil drawings and then scanned one of those drawings in to the computer before adding tone and colour using Corel Painter. I'll do a tighter pencil drawing next and then I should be ready to start the painting. I'm not sure yet what media I'm going to use. I've enjoyed the watercolour sketches I've done recently, so maybe a combination of watercolour and acrylic would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment