Monday, December 26, 2011

Portrait commission: "Susie"

Oil on canvas
8 x 10 inches
(commissioned work)

Merry Christmas to everyone out there. I hope your holiday is a good one. My sincere thanks to those of you who bought or commissioned paintings from me this year, and indeed everyone else who visited the Painting Mhor blog and showed an interest in my work. Becoming a full-time artist this year has been a huge step for me but the support and encouragement I've received so far means I'll be heading into 2012 with high hopes and plenty of self-belief.

One of my final commissions of this year was of Susie, a handsome tortoiseshell cat. I wouldn't normally reveal the age of my sitters but I'm sure Susie won't mind me telling you that she is 18 years old and still going strong. I'm told Susie spends most of her time asleep these days, but when I met her for a quick photo session before doing the painting she was remarkably alert and happy to pose for the camera. That certainly made my job easier, so thank you Susie!

No comments:

Post a Comment