Digital painting
I feel like I'm on a bit of a roll just now with these digital landscape paintings. I'm thoroughly enjoying getting to grips with Artrage, and the watercolour brush especially is one of my favourite tools. I tend to start of with broad washes of colour and then gradually build up more detail with smaller, more blended brushwork. I also added more detail to this painting compared to my previous two, since there is more foreground interest. For the crisper details I used a combination of the pencil and oil brush tools.
This scene is based on a view of Sheriffmuir Road near Stirling, a place where I enjoy walking our dog most mornings. The trees in the distance on the left-hand side of the road don't actually exist in real life, but the painting's composition wasn't working without them so I had to take the liberty of adding them in. By having that gap in the trees there is a greater depth to the picture and a stronger focus on the point where the road disappears in the distance.

No comments:
Post a Comment