
10 x 6 1/2"
Watercolour and acrylic on illustration board (NFS)
When I first started this blog my intention was to only post up new and recent artwork that I've done. I'm going to stick to that - mostly - but there will be times when I'm doing other things or working on larger paintings that are taking longer to finish. Rather than let the blog go silent for too long, I'll post up something from the past that I think people might like. After all, most of it has never been seen.
This painting is from a couple of years ago. I fancied illustrating something from The Lord Of The Rings, and chose the episode where Gandalf leads the fellowship through the Misty Mountains. The party are forced to divert through the Mines of Moria after a snowstorm on Caradhras blocks their way.
The painting is one of only a few watercolours I've ever done, and I combined it with a bit of airbrushed acrylics which seemed to work well. I think I would like to do a larger and more detailed version one day, probably using oils.
No comments:
Post a Comment