
Digital
Corel Painter / Adobe Photoshop
This is a first for me - a digital painting. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to be trying my hand at it and so here's my first effort. Well, not my first effort exactly, but my first one that I think has any worth to it. It was done using a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet and Corel Painter, with some final adjustments made in Adobe Photoshop.
The scene was inspired by a recent trip to the Pittenweem Arts Festival in Fife. It was a flying visit but it was a gorgeous day and we had time to stroll along the seafront where there were lots of people like this fellow who were enjoying the sunshine and fine views, not to mention the excellent artwork on show.
It takes some getting used to digital paint, but in many ways it's no different than any traditional media. You still have to make the same creative decisions about composition, lighting, colour, value etc...And you still have to draw and paint! I can do better I think - I'm sure I can - but for now I'm pleased enough with these first baby steps as it were.
No comments:
Post a Comment