

A couple more paintings from a while ago, just to keep the blog warm. I was commissioned by the SCA (The Scottish Childminding Association), which publishes a quarterly magazine, and the illustrations were used as part of an article that was discussed the issue of young children being less active these days, spending more time in front of computers and the tv rather than playing outisde.
The client wanted illustrations with a cartoon feel to them, with strong colours and simple shapes. I spent time working out the drawings before scanning them into Photoshop to do the colouring. At that time I hadn't done much in the way of digital art, but I enjoyed the freedom it gave me to easily experiment with the colours. The style of the illustrations was also something new for me, so I was glad I could turn my hand to doing something different, and the client was very pleased. It was also very nice to get paid for my artwork ;-)
Speaking of digital artwork, I recently purchased a Wacom Intuos4 graphics tablet, which arrived today. Although traditional drawing and painting mediums are my main interest, I wanted to start experimenting with digital to see how I might integrate its tools with my current techniques and to try and improve my overall methodology. It'll be a steep learning curve but I'm quite excited about it. I'll use the blog to post updates on how that progresses.
No comments:
Post a Comment