Friday, September 17, 2010

"Head study #1"

Digital painting (Corel Painter)

It's back to digital for this latest post. As with any other medium, I think I'm making steady improvement simply through lots of practice. As mentioned previously, I'm using Corel Painter, and the wonderful thing I'm discovering is the excellent range of brushes that it offers, many of which allow you to draw and paint in ways that mimic traditional media. And if you can't quite find a brush to suit your particular need, it's easy to customise your own.

Although it's early days as far as my digital work goes, I feel pretty sure that I'll always want to produce work that has the look and feel of traditionally drawn or painted art. For this piece, my aim was to achieve a chalk and charcoal like effect, which I think I've more or less managed to do. Hope you like it.

It's a slightly unimaginative title however - sorry! At least "Head Study #1" should mean there will be a Head Study #2...

No comments:

Post a Comment