Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"In The Spotlight"


8 x 8"
Oil on stretched canvas
SOLD

At the University of Stirling one swan manages to stand out from the others, with a bit of help from the evening sunshine.

This is the second painting I've done that's been inspired by walking around the campus of Stirling uni (see the first one here). If you can forgive the rather unlovely 19060s architecture, the campus is a very pleasant place to take a stroll or just sit, relax and enjoy the natural beauty around you. It is situated on a 310-acre estate with a large loch and surrounding woodland that are home to an abundance of wildlife such as swans, ducks, oyster catchers, squirrels and rabbits. (And lots of other creatures I'm not intelligent enough to know the names of!)

In case anyone has been wondering, I am planning to start offering my oil paintings for sale soon. When I first started the blog its main purpose was to motivate myself to paint more and to have a place to show and share those paintings. Now that it's a bit more established and I'm confident of keeping it going, it seems logical to take the next step and start properly sharing my work. My hope is that by being able to buy my paintings, people will have an extra reason for visiting the blog and enjoy having the opportunity to view the artwork in the way it's supposed to be viewed (ie. in person!)

So, hopefully I'll have an update on that with my next post. Till then...

2 comments:

  1. totally amazing Kevin...Good Luck with sales. Love Margaret

    ReplyDelete