
8 x 8"
Oil on stretched canvas
If I had to paint nothing but portraits from now until my last day, I would probably be quite happy. So many individuals, so many individual faces. And not enough time to paint them all!
Here's one I did have time to paint though - Omar Sharif as the character 'Sherif Ali' from the 1962 film Lawrence of Arabia. What an epic film! Ali is my favourite character from it, and I really enjoyed painting this portrait of him. As with the last portrait I did (of Clint Eastwood), I decided to limit my palette to three colours - black, white and (this time) burnt sienna. Again, it's amazing the range of colours you can get from those three - reds, greens and greys in abundance.
Having a good week at the easel. I hope it lasts!
ps. If you have a film character you'd like to see me paint (or anything else for that matter), why not drop me a message and make a suggestion. It would be nice to do something that someone else has in mind.
All the best,
Kevin
No comments:
Post a Comment