Digital painting
I decided to warm up the week with a little digital painting. This was done in Artrage, a program that is new to me, so I'm still getting to grips with it. After playing around with the demo and hearing lots of good things about it from other artists, I decided to take the plunge and get myself a copy. It's similar to Corel Painter, but has a much simpler range of brushes. That said, it's comparative simplicity is what I like best about Artrage, and although you don't have as many brushes to choose from as you do in Painter, it still feels like there's more than enough for what you need.
I especially like the clean, work-friendly interface of Artrage, and the ability to pin reference photos alongside your working canvas. I also like the fact that the brushes are very responsive - there doesn't seem to be as much lag time as I normally experience with comparative tools in Painter.
I'll post up more bits and pieces about Artrage but for the moment suffice to say I'm well impressed with it. For more info head over to www.artrage.com

No comments:
Post a Comment