Digital painting
This is another digital painting I did in Artrage. For the most part I used the watercolour brushes, which I really like. For reference I used a photograph I took back in December 2010, when there was more snow around.
I have mixed feelings about the winter time in Scotland. On one hand there are days when it's bright, clear and crisp - days when it's an real joy to be out and about if you're wrapped up nice and warm. But more often than not it's just dark, wet, cold and dreary - the sort of weather that makes me want to hibernate.
Even when the winter has been fairly mild like this year, it always feels good to welcome in the spring months (I'm with the Met Office when it says 1st March is officially the first day of spring!). We're leaping into March this year however, so that welcome has to wait for one more day...

No comments:
Post a Comment