
9 x 12"
Oil on canvas (NFS)
Well, here it is. My first ever post on my first ever blog. I thought a self-portrait would be an appropriate painting to kick things off with.
It's appropriate for other reasons too. I completed this at the very end of 2009 and until a couple of days ago it was my most recent painting. It's the perfect reminder of how long I had spent away from the easel, but it's also a reminder that I was moving in the right direction with my art. I enjoyed doing this painting immensely. It was finished quickly and has a much 'looser' style than anything I had done previously. I hadn't used oils much either, having always preferred acrylics, but suddenly I felt I had found the perfect medium for me.
So, this is where I left off and it's where I'll be picking up from. My first painting of 2010 will be posted very soon and will be the start of me really painting more!
No comments:
Post a Comment