
12 x 10"
Oil on canvas
I haven't done any portrait paintings for a while so it was good to get back to doing another this week. This is one I've been meaning to do for a while - Jason Robards as 'Cheyenne' from Sergio Leone's western masterpiece 'Once Upon A Time In The West'. Actually, I've been meaning to paint portraits of all the major characters from this wonderful film. And I will, very soon hopefully. I wanted to do Cheyenne first however since he is probably my favourite. Robards plays a great part, as he did in so many films throughout his career. He's one of those actors you watch on screen and you just absolutely believe he is the character he's playing.
This is definitely one of my favourite portrait paintings so far. I always felt in control and the whole thing just seemed to come together at the end in the way I wanted it to. It's not often that a painting goes so smoothly like that, but it's a great feeling when it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment