
9.5 x 6"
Oil on board
I recently finished the seascape painting I mentioned in an earlier post, and would have posted that on the blog today but I need to wait a couple of weeks before I can deliver it to the customer first. Instead, here's a little landscape I knocked out this afternoon. I haven't done a lot of landscape painting, so this one is about me getting in some practice as much as anything else. But it was also about me experimenting with technique as well, working loosely as I did with a brush and palette knife (the latter I rarely use), and keeping the paint much thicker than I normally do. It was good fun and I like how it turned out. The painting has a tranquil feel to it - maybe even a touch melancholy? - and the colours are quite autumnal I think, hence the title.
No comments:
Post a Comment