Mixed media: acrylic and digital
The pirate illustration is coming along nicely, so I'll post that up soon. In the meantime here's a repost of a painting I did last year. I'd originally put it on 'Painting the Peloton', but seeing as I've put that blog into retirement (for the time being at least) I thought I'd post it here too. It shows Thor Hushovd winning stage 13 of the 2011 Tour de France - a great win for the mighty Norwegian.
The painting had started out as an acrylic piece, but at some point I lost my way with it, wanted to make some big changes that would have involved starting again, but decided to finish it digitally so that my time hadn't been completely wasted on it. I like how it turned out in the end.
I do hope to do more cycling paintings this year, although it might not be enough to justify a whole new blog devoted to them as I'd originally hoped. We'll see...

No comments:
Post a Comment