Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Fabian Cancellara"

10 x 7 inches
Coloured pencil

It's been a while since I did any cycling art, but with the new cycling season upon us, and my own bike getting brought out from its winter hibernation, it's time to paint (and draw) the peloton again!

First up is a quick coloured pencil sketch I did of my favourite pro cyclist - Fabian Cancellara (aka "Spartacus"). What a great season he's having so far, with wins in the Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix. I love to see him win, especially since it's often made a lot harder because it seems everyone else is out to attack or follow him. But his strength is absolutely sublime, and the way he can ride everyone else off his wheel is just amazing. Even the much talked about Peter Sagan couldn't hang on to Cancellara as he rode to victory in this year's Tour of Flanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment