
6 x 6"
Oil on canvas
As much as we humans like the beach, dogs like it even better. Certainly this spaniel was having a good time playing on Aberdour beach. Playing on the beach is probably his favourite thing, but there is the joke that everything is a dog's favourite thing.
This wasn't supposed to be my latest painting. I had a separate piece on the go but it wasn't going well. After a frustrating evening I decided to abandon it altogether and, although it was late (and time to put the brushes away really) I was desperate not to end the day with nothing to show. Thankfully, a couple of hours later I had painted most of what you see here, and I would have pressed on and finished it if I wasn't getting so tired. It's always enjoyable to be able to complete a painting in one sitting - or nearly one sitting as in this case. I think it's partly why I'm keeping the canvases on the small side just now. Hope you like it!
Nice dog portrait Kevin, glad you persevered and left the studio with a happy piece on your easel!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your compliment Liz. I don't know if you ever have this dilemma, but on those occasions when the paint just isn't going down in the way I want it to, it can sometimes be a struggle to know which is the best course of action - should I press on or simply cut my losses? In this case it was sort of both really, abandoning one painting but not giving up on the day itself.
ReplyDelete