Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Never Too Old"


6 x 6"
Oil on board

An elderly lady takes a short paddle in the sea at Kinghorn, Fife.

As with my previous post, the idea and inspiration for this painting came after a recent day trip along the Fife coastline, where I was reminded that the beach is a place enjoyed by all generations, young and old. And who doesn't enjoy taking their socks and shoes off on a hot day and letting the cool water roll over their feet?

I took liberties with the colour of the sea in this painting, in that it probably looks more like the Seychelles than the North Sea, but what the heck. I was loving those blues and greens too much to swap them for a more realistic grey. A good example of artistic licence!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin, I found your blog from your link on the Artist's forum. Some lovely paintings here, I love your choice of subjects. This one is a delight to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. I'm thrilled you like the paintings, and thanks for posting your comment. My first one! Very much appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're very welcome and thanks for adding me to your links. I've linked back to you from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie, that's brill :-)

    ReplyDelete